Chocolate chip cookie recipe – Welcome to the irresistible world of homemade delights! Today, we embark on a journey to master the art of crafting the perfect chocolate chip cookies
those golden-brown gems that effortlessly balance chewiness and crispiness, delivering an explosion of rich, gooey chocolate in every bite.
Our recipe is a testament to the timeless charm of chocolate chip cookies, a beloved classic that transcends generations.
Picture this: golden morsels of semi-sweet chocolate nestled within a buttery, vanilla-kissed dough, creating a symphony of flavors and textures that is nothing short of heavenly.
So, preheat that oven, gather your ingredients, and let’s embark on this culinary adventure together.
Ingredients chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled 5 minutes
- ¾ cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (340g) semisweet chocolate chips
How to prepare chocolate chip cookie recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For chewier cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes. For crispier cookies, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking for thicker cookies.
- Use a variety of chocolate chips, such as semisweet, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate.
- Add nuts, such as chopped walnuts or pecans, to the dough for a crunchy texture.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sea salt for a salty-sweet flavor.
See also how to do it:
As you savor the delectable results of your baking endeavors, we hope these chocolate chip cookies have not only satisfied your sweet tooth but also filled your home with the warmth of shared moments and delicious aromas.
If these chocolate chip cookies have brought joy to your taste buds, why not share that joy with others?
Spread the love by sharing this recipe with your friends, family, or anyone you know who appreciates the simple pleasure of a perfect cookie.
Thank you for joining us on this culinary adventure. May your kitchen always be filled with the aroma of freshly baked cookies, and may your days be sweetened by the joy of sharing these delightful treats with the ones you hold dear.